Trinity was chartered May 17, 1894,
as Die Deutche Prebysterische Kirche, The German Presbyterian Church, of South River, NJ. We celebrated our 50th Anniversary on October 30, 2013. In honor of the celebration, member Roy DeBoer, Jr. prepared an Architectural History presentation, which can be viewed below. Also below is a link to an interactive church history timeline developed by Anna Sandberg.
Until 1946, German-speaking pastors occupied the pulpit, including the Rev. William J. Kern, after whom our present fellowship hall is named. In 1949, the name of the church was changed to the First Presbyterian Church of South River.
In 1960, in response to the area's population growth and to meet the growing spiritual needs of the congregation the church bought the present property on Cranbury Road. On May 19, 1963, the first service was held in what is now Trinity Presbyterian Church.